Tuesday 30 October 2012

Douglas Fir Vinegar - Better than balsamic I hear!

Just a quick post from me today. At Hunter Gather Cook we are always after the best in wild food ingredients and after reading some great posts by my friend Nick Weston, and foraging compatriots Eatweeds and The Cottage Smallholder I decided to have a test of different Douglas Fir Vinegars.

Douglas Fir as an ingredient has been a favorite of many up market restaurants and chefs including the likes of Heston Blumenthal. It is also high in Vitamin C so good for the immune system too. I would suggest reading the other blogs mentioned in this article if you'd like to learn more or get the recipes as I am yet to try the fruits of my labors. In six weeks time I will be able to try my pine concoction based around three different vinegars (Red Wine, White Wine and Cider) and will let you know how it goes.

In the mean time I hope you will all enjoy this little timelapse / stopmotion video I made whilst creating these.

No comments:

Post a Comment