Friday 22 June 2012

Welcome to foragesussex

-->

-->
As I have recently joined the growing ranks of the unemployed I thought I would spend some time (which is something I now have rather a lot of!) doing something I really enjoy and share what I learn along the way in a blog.  Foraging in the Sussex countryside certainly beats my desk job in the city and also means I can eat well on a budget, which is obviously rather important in my current situation...

I have always enjoyed the outdoors, but I have never before appreciated the abundance of wonderful things that grow right on my doorstep.  Even the humble nettle has pushed me to try a whole new raft of recipes – with some very satisfying results.  The High Weald has some great foraging opportunities being ideally located with access to great coastlines and woodlands.  

                                                                                                 

-->
My girlfriend’s dog, Archie, loves joining me for a good ramble in the countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment